First Page of Celebration of the Deep

Friends, I forgot to tell you how I've changed the beginning of Celebration of the Deep!  I was tormented over how busy what I had written might sound, and for what purpose?  Really I wanted the french horn melody to shine over everything else.  And I seem to have a tendency to want to start every piece with a drone, why?  And I heard the opening of the second act of Tristan und Isolde by Wagner, where for what seems like a long time, all we are hearing is solo brass, maybe even one instrument at a time at first.... hm....  and so, I changed The Deep so that it starts with solo french horn, and THEN the strings come in... and I'm having them use tremolo bowing for the waves hitting shore effect (we can only hope...).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need more memory!

Am I a Composer?