Heal Yourself!

Okay, so I actually mean "Heal Myself", but in case you're wondering, this is what I've been working on this summer... my family doctor believes I have fibromyalgia, and I've had constant headaches for years now.  I'm trying many different approaches, including eating a nutrient-rich diet (Dr. Fuhrman), thyroid hormone replacement (which seemed to help but then made me feel worse even though the tests were still in the "normal" range), and probably most important: going gluten-free two years ago.  Exercise also helps, especially in water.

The latest idea I'm trying is to deal more directly with my back-of-head pain, by pursuing bodywork (the always wonderful and nurturing Sondra Hartman) and C1-C2 adjustments to encourage re-alignment of the top of my spinal column...  this is as well as growing muscles between my shoulder blades (mid-trapezius, lats) so that I use my arms with solid backing.  :)

Yes overall I am feeling improvements!  But I'm writing this up here to encourage myself to keep trying new things, and don't give up hope that improvements can occur.  There are good days, when I am able to compose, do some financial tax work, cook meals and feel happy.  The bad days are ...  bad.  But usually mostly from suffering I cause myself by worrying that I'll never have a good day again.  Why is that?  Luckily Bear helps alot on those days...  I'm fortunate to have him, music, my Mom and sisters, and my housemate Cha in my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Celebration of the Deep rides again! As a 4 horns & piano arrangement!

I need more memory!