Actually opened Sibelius today

I'm still hoping for a composing slot in my day soon, and to whet my appetite and appease it a bit all in the same step, I opened up Sibelius and my Water Flows round, which I recently re-wrote in 5 beats per measure.  It has four parts, and to sing along with it I select the first three parts to play, leaving me to sing the 4th part.  This is a good strategy to check out the reality of trying to sing it, from various vantage points, still being one person with one voice (haven't mastered the tuvan harmonic throat singing totally yet).


Just in case you need help looking at the format of this round, each singer (total of 4 needed) enters at the beginning when the preceding singer reaches the second line, which starts with a quarter-note rest then "runs deep..."  So yes obviously someone has to start!  :)  The two measure ending doesn't make alot of sense in this format, sorry!  It is to be harmonized by all 4 voices, what appears here is only one part.  Yikes.  Well, that is a problem for another day.
Enjoy!

Comments

kangath said…
Wonderful, Mer! I sang through your piece, and it is very much you. Looking forward to more . . . I always thought of you as a composer!
Thank you, dear! I always think of you as a composer also - as well as a poet, an actress, a playwright, and more...

Popular posts from this blog

I need more memory!

Performed Name Music for very special memorial services