Success with The Mechanical Licensing Collective submissions for royalties! And other business...

 Yes, I now have 61 pieces registered at MLC, it took several tries to do the bulk upload correctly, but all due to errors on my part in preparing the spreadsheet, and I was very impressed that their interface caught the errors and let me cancel and start over. Nice!

We’ll see if this leads to any remuneration — there is always a delay in payments, but supposedly coming up in June 2021 will be the beginning of the MLC making the back payments for uses that were never paid out over many years at Spotify, Amazon, Apple, Pandora, etc. The MLC received millions of dollars from those Digital Service Providers, and once they receive all the data on the uses from them, will attempt to straighten out who is supposed to get what. This sounds like a nightmare, doesn’t it? Well-intentioned. The MLC starts with the data from the Harry Fox Agency, so anyone who didn’t register their pieces with HFA needs to do it directly with MLC.

I hope The MLC is successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need more memory!

Am I a Composer?