French Horn Choir

Managed to spend a couple of hours yesterday composing new material for french horns for a section that previously was just a repeat.  12 bars I'm working on, 4 part harmony, am aiming for a little bit of polyphony, some brass effects, hope it will be lovely and that it will still lead well into the next section!  I like the uncertainty of it all - the creativity and inspiration and problem-solving when the solution is very unclear at almost all moments.  Heck, the process is FUN!  And then I give it a rest and check back in later to see if what I wrote is any good...  I let my belly be the guide, because when it is not "right" I feel unease and discomfort in my gut.  Interesting, eh?
5 Months To Go...  :Four French Horns -- Three More Brass -- Two Of Every Wind -- And There's One (Me) Composing It All.  :)  [ Sung to the tune of "on the first day of christmas" except I've started with the 5 golden rings part. I know it is not the season! ]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need more memory!

Performed Name Music for very special memorial services